Friday, November 21, 2008

Got it ALL done!

Finally! I'm enjoying a little "down time" this morning. This week has been a blur. Here's a little recap since the last time I posted. Well, obviously, we made it home from the The Sticks conference. I made it back home on Thursday evening around 10:30 PM and the "plan" was to relax, get some rest, and make it back to RCC around Noon on Friday to prep to take our Student Ministry to Vertical Reality. I went to bed and was lovin' life and awoke suddenly around 5 AM to the sound of dripping water. The power was completely OFF in the house due to the storm that was going on outside so I scrambled to find my flashlight and make my way to the "drip". To my horror, the water was dripping from around a light fixture on the ceiling and it only took my a few more seconds to realize that my entire ceiling was FLOODING! I scurried into the attic and clear out all the junk to find a HUGE problem, the rain was pouring in from outside. So we did damage control and tried to lay down until morning (just in case you're wondering - NO, I didnt sleep a wink!). When morning came around I called Justin and Josh Gingerich of Gingerich Bros. Construction and they very quickly came to my rescue. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Everyone should be as blessed to have friends like the Gingerich Bros! So, long story short, we had to re-tar the roof, which took most of the day. Remember, I still have to get our students to Vertical Reality at some point. So I barrel out of the house, LATE, and start making my way to Blountstown. Just to get a call from Kevin Yoder to let me that our church bus (which I needed for the trip) is DEAD. The fuel pump was shot. So, I feverishly began calling around to make arrangement for alternate transportation for our trip. That was successful and we made it to VR. The students were AWESOME. We had a blast! And I could truly see their lives being changed by God. THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT! Skipping ahead, we made it home, and then this week started. The short version is - Paul (Our Lead Pastor at RCC) is going out of town this Saturday and will be gone for the next two Sundays. So I have been tasked to do the talks for RCC's main services for Sundays. I'm doing a series called "Road Signs" and it is going to be AWESOME! The long and short of this week is, I got both of those talks completed and we prepped for this Sunday. So, sitting this morning - YES, I am glad to have a day off. But I got it all done. We're ready for Sunday, I'm about to do a few things around the house (clean up for the "flood"), and then grab my hunting gear and head to Marianna to enjoy some peace and quiet. Whew, I'm glad this week is winding down! I'll update you on more later...

1 comment:

Michelle Yoder said...

Dude, you make me tired reading that!
Can't wait for Sunday.